A table of contents makes it easier for readers to work with long documents. In this video, learn how to insert tables of contents, customize tables of contents, and insert bibliographies.
- [Instructor] Now that you know how to create, insert, … and modify your citations, we want to take a look at how … to create and manage our reference tables. … Now, your reference table includes a bibliography … that will pull together all of your citations used … in a document, and also, table of contents. … Your table of contents is built upon the styles … that have been applied to the text in the document. … We'll learn how to use the built-in table of contents … and how to create a custom table of contents. … Let's jump right into our Reference Tables document … and first work with creating a bibliography. … I'll go to References and Manage Sources … so we can see which citation or citations … we currently have in this document. … We have added the information about the Landon Hotel, … Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, … and Peter LaSalle's book, Conundrum. … Now, they haven't actually been inserted into the document, … this is just showing us the sources available to us. … Let's go into our document, I'll close this window, …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.