In this video, learn how to create and format a table of contents. Jen McBee discusses how to use character styles to create a table of contents, and how to update the table of contents if text is added, deleted or moved. Jen also demonstrates how to form
- [Instructor] When you are working with really…long documents in Microsoft Word,…it makes sense to create a Table of Contents…to make it easier for your users…to find the information that they're interested in.…In this video, I'll show you how to use character styles…to create a Table of Contents.…We'll then format our Table of Contents,…go into the document to make a change…so that I can show you how to update…your Table of Contents.…We're working with the 04_02 TOC document.…So, let's go ahead and mark some of our entries with styles.…
Now, notice that I've formatted Headings 1, 2, and 3,…in a green format to match our logo.…I'm going to scroll down to page three,…and begin marking the information.…The Story Behind Two Trees Olive Oil,…I do want it to show in my Table of Contents.…I'll go ahead and apply a Heading 1.…Any styles that we apply throughout the document…that are Headings 1, 2, or 3…can be pulled into the Table of Contents.…Let's go on down, here's Section 1,…this will be a Heading 1.…
The Introduction, I'll go ahead and set that as Heading 2.…
To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.