Citations credit a source of information by citing a book, article, or other material. In this video, learn how to insert a citation, and create and modify citation sources.
- [Instructor] In Word, we can quickly and easily … add or access citations in a document … where you need to cite sources. … After watching this video, you'll know … how to create and modify citations, … and then how to insert the reference into your document. … Let's jump right into our citations document. … Now I have some sources that were previously created … that I want to take a look at. … Under our references tab, … we have a citations and bibliography group. … I'll click on manage sources, and this gives me … a way to look at my master list. … These are sources that are saved on my computer. … And I have access to them in any document that I open. … If I want to use one of them in this current document, … I would select it in the master list and click copy. … And that would now be available to me in this document. … I'll go ahead and add both of those. … And that's perfect. … Now as I bring them over, you can see … the APA preview in the bottom window. … The APA is one of the styles available to us …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.