Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy and Paste, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- As you'll learn more about in later chapters,…there are a few things to be aware of…with copy and paste.…Inside of your own document it's just fine…because you will have limited the amount…of styles inside of the document…just to suit the purpose of your document.…You'll find out more about that…in the very next chapter, so if you needed…for example, this line to appear somewhere else,…there would be nothing wrong with copying that…and then pasting it down wherever you needed it…because you would be using the same styling…information, however if it was coming…from another document with a…different style definition,…if I just swap out here to this document…you'll see I've got a style just there,…called Alien Style and I'm going to copy…this line like so.…
Come back to my original document,…I'll just drop in a new line there and then I'll paste.…You'll see that that style information…is carried across into this document…and that is something you, most of the time,…will not want.…Now there is a paste special menu inside of there…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.