In this video, learn how to configure language options in documents. Author Jen McBee will demonstrate how to configure Word to use other languages to check spelling and grammar, and how to set Help Text to Spanish or French, and how to use both French M
- [Instructor] Do you ever have to work…with an international audience?…There are tools in Word that will…help make that job much easier.…In this video, I'll show you how to add an editing language.…We'll also see how we can display…help text in Spanish or French,…and I'll show you how you can check spelling…and grammar in French or Spanish.…We are working with the O5_O2 LanguageOptions document,…and you can see that some of my text is in Spanish,…and the red underscore in this first paragraph…is a good indication to me that Word is trying to use…my English dictionary to spellcheck the Spanish text.…
Let me show you how we can add…additional languages to our Word program.…I'll go to File and Options and click on the Language tab.…Now, when you install Word on your computer,…it only installs one language,…and that one language, in my case, is English.…This one language is used to proof your spelling…and your grammar and it also gives you your dictionary.…There may be times when you need to add another language,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for contact hours and professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.