To complete the mail merge choose Finish & Merge on the Mailings tab. Choose Print Documents to complete the mail merge and send documents directly to the printer. To review and update each letter individually before you print choose the Edit Individual Documents option to create a merged document that contains all your letters.
- We're now ready to finish our merge.…Here's our document.…We've previews the results and,…before we finish, one more thought.…You can go look at specific recipients, preview…specific records to make sure that they look…the way you would expect them to.…You might do this for exceptions,…for example, if you had someone that you know…you didn't have a last name for them,…or a first name, to see how it was handled.…Also, this becomes important later in the course…when we work with more advanced topics like…rules, and we want to know that a rule has been…applied in the way we would've expected it to.…
But to find a particular recipient, you're…going to choose a field like first name,…and I'm going to look for David Miranda,…and he's the first David listed, so that's great.…Here he is, he's record number 126.…This is a way, then, to go spot check…individual records, if you wish.…You don't want to go through 200…records this way to check them.…There are other tools that we'll use for that.…For example, we should make sure that we've…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges