Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Collaborating with Bitsy, part of Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Production.
- I absolutely loved working with Bitsy Rini,…our wardrobe designer.…She really cared about this project…like no one else did.…Bitsy actually put more effort into pre-production…and met with and collaborated with me…more than anyone else on our team.…It's no wonder that the wardrobe…is one of the better parts of the film.…It should also be pointed out…that Bitsy had never done wardrobe…on a film before.…And this project was a big wardrobe job.…Especially to be taken on by just one person.…So, if she had no experience,…then why did I hire her?…Well, I worked with her once on a short I did…called, "Incognita".…
She was actually in front of the camera for that one,…but all the wardrobe and the props…came from her personal collection.…She's a former burlesque dancer…and creates all that stuff herself.…And while we were working together on "Incognita",…she worked so hard and was so involved,…I had no doubts that she would…get everything done on time…and completely blow my mind with her creativity.…And she did not disappoint.…
Learn how to prepare the assets, such as shooting scripts, storyboards, and shot lists. Discover how to schedule and budget a shoot, and keep costs down while leaving room for the creative decisions that need to be made along the way. Find out how to hire a crew, scout and secure locations for each scene, and prepare props, sets, and wardrobe for actors. Learn what you need to do to keep your people safe, and the things you can prepare ahead of time to make sure production and post-production run smoothly.
There are more filmmaking tips to be had! Make sure to watch the first installment to learn about the background of the project and to get an overview of the role of the producer. Look for the follow-up episodes to learn more about writing, directing, working with actors, editing and visual effects, and everything else that goes into filmmaking.
- Turning the script into a shooting script
- Working with script breakdown software such as Adobe Story
- Creating storyboards and a shot list
- Scheduling the shoot
- Budgeting the shoot and post-production
- Hiring a crew
- Preparing sets and costumes
- Scouting locations
- Creating props
- Preparing assets for post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 04 Working with Actorswith Chad Perkins1h 49m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Script Breakdown
2. Creating the Shot List
3. Creating the Schedule
4. Creating the Budget
5. Getting a Crew
6. Art and Production Design
9. Preparing for Production
10. Preparing for Post
Creating a rough soundtrack1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.