Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking spelling and grammar, part of Learning Word 2010.
Word can keep you from sending off letters, memos, and reports with glaring…errors in them. Initially, word checks your spelling and…grammar as you type. It puts wavy underlines below the words…and phrases that are suspect. So if you have a document like this, and…you've been working on it. You might discover that it has these…little underlines in different colors. The red color usually mean that that word…is misspelled. So the thing to do is just go right-click…on that word, and the Context menu appears, and up at the top of the Context menu.…
You see the suggested spelling for the word, and then you see these other…options you can ignore the suggestion. You can always ignore the suggestion and…you can add the word to your dictionary. So if this was a company name or…something you might want to add that word to your dictionary or you might want to…ignore it all the time. If the word was deliberately misspelled…you might choose Ignore. And it would just ignore this instance of…the spelling and the red line would disappear.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.