For email merge to work properly you need to have the correct settings. Open Apple Mail then choose Preferences. Ensure that Microsoft Outlook is your default Email Reader. If you need to change the default email reader, you will need to restart your Mac before continuing with email merge.
- [Instructor] I've switched to the Launchpad…because we need to make sure that we have the right settings…in Mail for email merge to work properly.…This is a really quick and easy thing for us to check.…Go to Apple Mail,…in Mail choose Preferences and the very first choice is…what is my default email reader?…Now, by default on a Mac, it will probably be Mail…and if that is so, you will need to switch…to Microsoft Outlook.…After you have changed this to Outlook,…simply close this, we will also close Apple Mail,…and if you needed to change this,…you will also at this point want to reboot…or restart your machine.…
Once you've done that,…then you can join me in the next movie…and we will begin creating our email merge.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2013: Templates in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 46m Intermediate
Word for Mac 2016: Forms in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Personalized Letters
2. Use Email Merge
3. Create Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
Merge envelopes6m 23s
4. Use Rules and Other Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.