Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing tabs with the Tabs dialog box, part of Learning Word 2010.
Word gives you lots of ways to use and set tab stops in your document.…If you've got some serious alignment chores where you want to align numbers…one way and bits of text another. It's probably time to turn to the special…tab dialog box. This lesson shows you how to use it.…Now you'd use tabs in a document like this one, where you want to line up text…and maybe numbers and maybe some other things.…And when you're working with tabs, it always helps to turn on the hidden characters.…And you can do that by going to the Home tab and then clicking this button.…
Now you can see your paragraph marks and you can see your tab stops within your document.…Keeps a little bit better way to sloth out what's going on here.…So for example, here's a tab right here and it's being used to align this graphic…and it's aligning it on the right edge by the margin here.…If you look really closely you can see that there's a left tab indicator right there.…There's a manual tab set in there which pushes this graphic over to end right at…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.