Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning macros to the keyboard or the Quick Access Toolbar, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
When you record a new macro, one of your options is to assign your macro to a…button or the keyboard.…This is an important step when you're creating your macros since the purpose of…a macro is to make your life easier and to make your steps quicker.…If you have to go through View or the Developer menus and open the Macros dialog…box to run a macro, it can easily defeat the purpose of speeding things up.…Therefore, Word allows you to assign your macro to either a keyboard shortcut or…a button on your Quick Access Toolbar.…
You can either assign your shortcut as you're creating your macro, which is the…easiest of course, or you may assign it afterward.…First of all, let's take a look at the macro we already created, our…Daily Report macro.…To run the macro at this point, we have to go to Developer>Macros>Daily Report and Run.…If there was a long list of macros here, of course we'd have to scroll through…it to find our Daily Report and then press Run.…
This is our Daily Report, which means we have to do this daily.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.