Text effects add visual effects such as shadows and reflections to text. In this video, learn how to apply text effects and use the Format Painter to apply an effect to other content.
- [Instructor] You can quickly and easily … change the look of text, by applying text effects. … Once you have your effect applied, … you can use the Format Painter to copy just the formatting … and apply it to additional text. … Let's jump on into our TextEffects_FormatPainter document … and take a look at the layout of our document … and see if there's anything that we can do … to make it a little easier to read. … Well first off, I notice that my headings, … Facilities, Amenities, and Local Sights, … kind of blend in with the list underneath them. … Well let's go ahead and apply a text effect to Facilities, … we'll do that one first. … With the text highlighted I'll go to my Font group … and Text Effects and Topography. … Here I can select different effects that I can apply. … I can also change the outline color, add a shadow, … a reflection, or a glow. … Let's start off by selecting the 3D effect. … Now we can go in and apply a shadow to it. … There's inner, outer shadows, and perspective. …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.