Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply table styles, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] This document is called Sales Tables.…We're going to learn about styles in tables.…Remember that there are choices available…for tables that we don't see until…we actually click in the table, or select a table,…but as soon as I do I have two new tabs.…A Layout tab for tables, which allows me to…insert rows, delete rows, change the properties…of the table, and things like alignment…within the cell.…Then I have a Design tab which is all about styles.…In the Table Styles section, there's a gallery…that shows me different choices.…
The colors that I see here are based on the theme.…If I don't like the colors I should…choose a different theme, and there are different sections.…The first is Plain Tables.…Do I want a table with borders?…Which is currently selected.…Or do I simply want to hide the borders…and have some gridlines that I could work with?…Easy change.…Following the Plain Tables we have Grid Tables,…and then List Tables.…In a grid I'll probably be presenting…some information like financial information or timetables.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles