Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply styles to existing text, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] Perhaps you start with text…you don't need to create the outline because…everything you need is already here.…What you do need to do is apply some styles…apply some formatting.…And rather than apply and formatting in the old way…where we would select text and apply fonts…paragraphs and so on…we're going to simply apply styles.…You'll find those styles here in our Style set.…And we'll have a style for normal text which is Body Text.…For Titles and for Headings…and those will be the primary styles that we'll use here.…
I'm going to select Trends in Green Technology…and apply a Title.…This is a subtitle and there's a Subtitle style.…This is a Heading 1 style.…I have two items that have a Heading 2 style right here…remember you can hold Control to select multiple items…and apply formatting at the same time.…There's a Heading 3…and so on.…
Raise the Roof is another Heading 1.…Rising Green and Funding Sources Heading 2's.…And I believe I have one more Heading 2…about Collaboration.…Some other choices you'll want to know about.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report