In this video, learn how to make adjustments to document formatting, such as changing page size, page orientation, as well as margins. Also learn how to use zoom to adjust your view of the document.
- [Instructor] When it comes to formatting…you documents here in Word Online,…you won't see as many options as you'll see…in the desktop version of Microsoft Word,…but it's still quite powerful.…In this movie, we're going to focus…on document formatting.…In other words, things that affect the entire document,…like the page size, the orientation, margins, for example.…And from the ribbon, using this simplified ribbon view…that we see here, and the Home tab selected,…you can see a number of text formatting options,…paragraph formatting.…
To get to the document formatting options,…we go to the Layout tab.…Clicking here gives us access to margins.…Here's orientation, and size.…We also see some paragraph formatting here as well,…like indenting, and spacing before and after paragraphs.…Any time you see the ellipses means there are more options…than what you can see here.…So we can go to all the paragraph options…from the ellipses here.…Let's just click down below.…Let's say we wanted to change the paper size,…the orientation, maybe the margins that we see here,…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Word desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Word Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Word Online. For basic Word guidance, please see Word Essential Training (Office 365) or Learning Word 2019.
- Identify three Microsoft account types that can be used to access Word online.
- Explain how to start a new paragraph when dictating text.
- Recall how to determine the number of rows and columns to start with when creating a table.
- Recognize the users who have access to a document set to “Anyone with this link can edit.”
- Determine how to print a document that is not printing with the correct formatting from a Word file.