Word provides styles to help customize your document. In this video, learn how to apply built-in styles to text and clear unnecessary formatting.
- [Instructor] To make sure the headings and other text … in your document is consistent, … use the built-in styles to format your text. … After watching this video, you'll know how to apply … the built-in styles and how to clear all of the formatting … from your document if you need to. … A lot times when we share documents … and we collaborate on them, … people will add their own formatting style. … Sometimes we just need to highlight everything, … clear the formatting, and start fresh. … Let's jump right into our Apply Clear Styles document … and take a look at some of the headings in our document. … Mission, Testimonials, I'm sure we have several … throughout the document that would really stand out more … if we applied heading styles to the text. … I'll click on Mission and go over to my styles group … on my Home ribbon. … Using the arrow, we can see all of the styles … available to me except I'm not really seeing everything. … Look at the styles, Normal, Heading One, Heading Three, …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.