Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Aligning paragraphs, part of Learning Word 2010.
The controls for aligning paragraphs are simple and straight forward.…The biggest issue with paragraph alignment is to make sure you choose a…style that's appropriate for the text. A bad alignment choice can make your…words hard to read. So, if you want to align a block of text,…you apply it, a paragraph at a time. So, this heading would be a paragraph, so…would this heading. And this would be considered a paragraph.…All of these are considered paragraphs. And you can see that they're paragraphs…if you turn on the hidden characters. And you can see the paragraph marks…assigned to each one. Now, the Alignment options are on the…Home tab. And they're all in this paragraph section…in here. And here you can see four different…Alignment options. And you apply them all the same.…
It's very easy to do. So if I wanted to center this paragraph I…would put the cursor in the paragraph I don't have to select the text.…And then click on the Center option and that centers that paragraph.…This option aligns it to the right and then this option gives you justified…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.