Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding tables to documents, part of Learning Word 2010.
If you want to organize elements in your document in rows and columns, that's the…time to insert a table into your document.…Tables give you a quick and easy way to position and group text and numbers on a grid.…So, we had a memo like this, that we're putting out, and we decide that we want…to include some details, maybe some expense details in this.…And we'd like those organized in a reasonable fashion so people can…understand it, we might want to use a table.…
So, the thing to do is to go up to the Insert tab here and then use the Table Option.…If click on this, I can open up a menu and you see this kind of odd little grid…and what it is, is you can choose the number of cells and rows you want in your…table, so the highlighted cells there. And then you could see it's actually…building the table down in my document. So, there are two ways that you get to…visualize this before you even make a decision.…All I have to do is click on the option and it inserts the table into my…document, my cursor is there flashing away and I'm all ready to go.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.