Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding power using content controls, part of Building Blocks and Macros in Word.
As we've seen, many of the Built-in Building Blocks that Microsoft created…contains Content Controls.…For instance, we've seen how you can use a Title Content Control on the Header…and how it automatically updated the cover page within the same document,…that's pretty cool, but what's even cooler is that you can take advantage of…these same tools and add power to your own building blocks by adding Content…Controls and Field Codes.…Let's start putting some of these features to work for us.…
Here at Explore California we have given discounts to all of our VIP clients to…Rent a Car, but they must sign a Rental Car Agreement.…The client has a choice of three car options to choose from. Instead of us…having to delete two of the options each time we fill out a form, let's design a…template that uses a building block control.…So we can just select from the list of options instead.…So the first thing that we want to do is copy the words to the clipboard…that says Option 1 here.…
So just select it and copy Option 1.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.