Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding photos, part of Learning Word 2010.
There's a saying about a picture being worth a thousand words.…In a lot of cases, a picture can provide strong support for the words on the page.…Now, Word gives you lots of ways to add visual elements to your document.…This lesson shows how to Find, Insert, and Format a photo from your computer's…hard drive. You have a document like this that's just…calling out for a picture. This one really wants a dog in the picture.…What you do is you go to the Insert tab up here and then you've got Illustrations…group in here. This first one, Picture, is used to find…images that are stored on your hard drive.…
So, when I click this, we get this Insert Picture dialog box.…And it's like a lot of the boxes where you can navigate through your Computer,…and your Favorites, and your Libraries, and your Disk Drives, and Folders.…And if you want to open up a folder, you can double-click on the folder to see…what's inside. A lot of times, your pictures will be…stored in this My Pictures folder, and that's where we find our dog.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.