Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding headers and footers, part of Learning Word 2016.
- Headers and Footers are an area…at the top and bottom of a page,…which you can use to add things like letterhead,…or repeating information, or page numbers.…Let's see how they work.…I want to start with this press release document.…This document has pretty basic formatting,…nothing special here,…but it does have two pages, which is going to be important.…So, let's start by adding something in the Header.…To access the Header, you need to double-click…near the top edge of the page.…So, I'll double-click here, and now I'm inside the Header.…The rest of my document gets a little lighter,…and I can see it labels the Header right here.…
So, I can type whatever I want into the Header.…So, this is something I might put in the Header…of a document.…And now, if I double-click anywhere outside of the Header,…the Header has been set.…What's really interesting now is,…if I scroll down to the next page,…the Header appears at the top of this page as well.…So, Headers and Footers repeat across multiple pages.…Now, Footers work the same.…
- Explain why you should sign in to your Office 365 account when using Word.
- Recognize options for formatting a document in Word.
- Name benefits of using styles in a document.
- Recall a way to insert a picture into a document.
- Identify where to click in order to make a format change to an entire table.