Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a cover, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- You should think carefully about your cover.…It is, after all, the cover that attracts…readers to your work in the first place.…And my advice to you, if you don't have a background…in production graphic design, is…to hire someone to create that cover for you.…There are plenty of professional book-jacket designers…for hire out there, and there are also plenty…of fledgling designers who would probably…do a really good job for a very good price.…A simple web search should yield a result fairly quickly,…and most likely, you'll find one in your geographical area.…
Although, with communication being what it is these days,…that isn't so much of an issue.…When you do find someone, check out their work,…see what they've done before, and so on,…as well as drawing up some sort of agreement…with them for the use of their work.…It is a worthwhile investment doing so.…A good business-savvy illustrator should be able…to give you some guidance on these things,…but a bit of reading is always advisable.…
Never, ever, ever use something you found…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.