Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding comments, part of Learning Word 2010.
If you're collaborating with another person on a document, often you'll…want to communicate back and forth and the easiest way to do that is by using comments.…Word cleverly inserts the comments and it keeps tabs on who is saying what if you…have a lot of people who are commenting on the same document.…So here's how it works. It's really quite easy.…If you want to add a comment to something, you can leave the cursor in a…position or you can select some text, either way.…Then you want to go up here to the Review tab.…
This is where the Collaboration tools exist, for the most part.…You've got groups like Proofing and Language.…But the tools for collaboration really fall in this Comments group and this…Tracking and Changes group. So adding a comment is pretty easy you…mark your text, click on the New Comment button, and then you can type in your…comment so you could say. All this rum talk appropriate for our…younger readers. So my comment's in there.…
Now this is the Reviewing pane over here, and in this pane, you'll see if you're…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.