In text, if you want to set a list off from the body text, you're likely to use…a bullet. It's a little dot that indicates each of…the items on the list. At they're priority, there's some sort of…hierarchy to your list you may want to use letters and numbers.…And that way, people can reference the items by their identifying character.…This lesson shows how to apply bullet's and numbers to your paragraphs.…You've got a document like this one, and you have some items that you want to set…off from the rest. You might want to add bullet's to them.…
So, let's look at our hawks here. We have Cooper's Hawk, Redtail Hawk and…the Northern Gosh Hawk. So, I select those I go up to the Home…tab, and then up here in the Paragraph group, the first two items.…Here are bullet's and here are numbers, and each of these are drop down menus.…And the item at the top is one that you recently used, and that's probably the…one that you most frequently use. So, to apply bullet's to this list, I…could just go and I could choose from the list up here.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.