Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding bookmarks, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- Bookmarks are a great navigational aid…inside of an EPUB and they are one of the ways…that you can make manual cross references…inside of your text.…I'm gonna add in just a couple here.…So I'm gonna click just before Aesop's Fables…on this line.…I'm using the Aesop's Fables styled document…from the exercise files folder…that you will have access to if you are…a premium subscriber to the lynda.com…online training library, but of course…you could use any file of your own.…
So I'm gonna go up to the insert menu like so,…and I'm going to come down to bookmark…and the bookmarks panel opens.…I'm just gonna call this top just here.…It's the top of the document so I'll give it that name…and then I'll just click add.…That's it, a bookmark is added at that point.…So I'm gonna scroll down the document a little bit.…Just give myself a good old screen or so…at least before the next one…and I'll repeat that process.…So I'll just go before The Lion and The Mouse…just here, so I'll click just there.…
Once again up to the insert menu,…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.