Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding audio and video in post-production, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- You may have heard the term, "Enhanced" EPUB used.…I think this is the term people just referring to EPUB 3.…Essentially, it means it's a reflowable EPUB typically…that has embedded media in addition to the text…and images that are most commonly audio and video.…Part of the problem with this, as with fixed…layout EPUB, is device support.…The widest support, far and away,…is with Apple's iBookstore.…
Most of the tools for generating those things can…be found on Apple devices and software…not available for Windows always.…2nd generation Kindle Fire Devices do support some of…these files, but reportedly only with publishers with…whom they have a direct relationship.…It's a similar story for Barnes & Noble, whose Nook Tablet,…that's the HD and the HD Plus,…also apparently supports some of these media.…
Word does allow you to insert media into Word…documents but it is somewhat flaky at best.…It isn't intended for an arsenal of workflow,…and quite often, it just doesn't work at all.…We're not even touching here on video formats.…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
Learning Digital Publishing (2012)with William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.