When creating labels, add an image—for example, a logo—to the first label. Position the image then format the first label. Use Update Labels to propagate the image and formatting to the other labels.
- [Instructor] This is the nametags file…that we created in the last movie…and I'd like to show you how to…add an image to this file.…I simply need to choose where…I would like to put the image first.…If I'd like it down here, that's fine.…If not, I need to get out in front of this…and actually move it down.…Notice it's selected, don't let that scare you.…I'd like to put the logo right here above the first name.…Let's go to the Insert tab, Insert pictures,…and I have a small image, it's in the exercise files folder,…chapter 3, our Landon Hotel logo.…
Choose any other image you would like…if you're not working with the exercise files…and there we go.…This is a little bit crowded,…I could stand to have a slight bit of room underneath it,…but not quite that much,…so let's make this much smaller of a gap.…That looks good.…I'm going to preview the label…and make sure that I like it.…Yeah, that's good.…So now, update the labels, just like that.…Preview again.…The only other thing is it feels that…there's also too much space here.…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges