In this video, learn how to add a table to a page in your document, select the number of rows and columns, add content, choose a table style, and override table formatting with manual formatting options for cells and cell contents.
- [Instructor] When you need your content…to be organized into columns and rows,…here on Word Online, you can insert a table.…There is some limited table functionality…which we're going to explore.…You may have noticed when browsing…through the various tabs on the ribbon,…there's actually no option for columns.…You would need to open up your document…in the Desktop version of Word to get that functionality.…But we can insert a table, and if you're…following along with the same document,…just click in front of the second paragraph…right before Just three short years ago.…
Or you can be working with your own document,…even a blank page.…We're going to go to the Insert tab,…and it's from here where we find the Table dropdown.…Give it a click and you can see the grid…where we can hover over the number of columns…moving to the right and down to the number…of rows we need for our table.…It's at least a starting point.…Or if you prefer, you can click Insert Table…and type in the numbers or use the arrows…to bump these up and down.…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Word desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Word Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Word Online. For basic Word guidance, please see Word Essential Training (Office 365) or Learning Word 2019.
- Saving documents in Word Online
- Opening and editing documents
- Formatting text
- Adding graphics and tables
- Sharing and printing documents