- View Offline
- Exploring the Ribbon interface
- Controlling Word 2011 with shortcuts
- Using the Compatibility Report
- Changing the default file format
- Using the Open XML converter
- Automating tasks with macros
- Formatting and using styles
- Inserting media
- Saving documents to the cloud
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Migrating from Word 2008 for Mac to Word 2011. I'm David Rivers. This course will help to make your transition as smooth and as seamless as possible. We'll begin with a discussion about the reasons to switch to Word 2011 before we take a tour of the new and improved fluent user interface, examining the ribbon and keyboard shortcuts. We'll explore compatibility, and how you'll be able to work better with users of Word for Windows. And we'll look at how some of the common features you may have used in Word 2008 have changed in Word 2011.
For the most part, these changes are either totally new or greatly improved. So with all these topics to cover, it's time to get started.