Learn how to use MadCap Flare 12 to author technical documentation—help systems, software manuals, knowledge bases, and more—in various print and online formats, including HTML5 and PDF.
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Neil Perlin. Information has been moving online for years. This process, specifically using a tool called Flare, is the subject of this course. Flare lets us create information in text and graphing form in small chunks called topics. But if users can't find the information they need, the best topics are useless. So Flare lets us add navigation that helps our users find information in those topics quickly and easily. Flare also lets us control the formatting of that content to make it attractive and usable.
Flare offers features that let us create multiple information products from one set of content. And let's us generate those information products in 16 different formats ranging from cutting edge features on the web to traditional paper output like PDF and Microsoft Word. Knowing Flare will be a strong addition to your professional skills. This course will get you started.
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 49m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.