The tripane skin is the classic, three-pane skin that’s been with us for years but is still widely used. It includes a horizontal toolbar pane, a vertical navigation tabs pane, and a large topic content pane. If your table of contents is large and complex, or if you need an index, the tripane skin is for you. Learn how to create and apply a tripane skin to your projects.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn how to create…and apply a traditional tripane skin.…So let's go ahead and create one.…I'm going to click up on the menu…on File, New.…When the Add File dialogue box opens up,…I'll click the pull-down for the file type field…and select Skin.…It's now going to ask me what template I want to use.…We're going to create a tripane first,…so I'll select HTML5 - Tripane,…and for the file name, I'll call it…Lynda Tripane Skin.…
Click on Add.…It opens up the HTML5 Skin Editor,…and I have a number of tabs here,…starting with General tab.…What I'm going to do in the Features list…is leave TOC selected but deselect Index.…We never created one.…I'll select Glossary.…I'll deselect Community.…The Size tab lets me either use the browser default size…or if I turn this off,…I can either set my own coordinates…or click this button, Preview Full Size,…and move this window around to get it in the right position.…
Change its size using this previewer,…this dynamic previewer.…So we'll use these settings.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.