The tripane skin is the classic, three-pane skin that’s been with us for years but is still widely used. It includes a horizontal toolbar pane, a vertical navigation tabs pane, and a large topic content pane. If your table of contents is large and complex, or if you need an index, the tripane skin is for you. Learn how to create and apply a tripane skin to your projects.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn how to create…and apply a traditional tripane skin.…So creating a tripane skin is easy.…You click up on the menu on file…and select new, second option.…When the add file dialog box opens up…click the pull down and you select skin.…It's gonna ask you to select a template…and we're just doing your basic tripane.…So we'll select the HTML 5 tripane…and for the file name we'll call it…Lynda…Tripane…Skin.…
And click add.…So it's opened up in the HTML 5 skin editor.…There's a lot I can do here but to keep it simple…on the general tab I can specify what tabs…I want to have appear in that navigation pane…over on the left so I decide we want…a table of contents as preselected.…We don't want an index so I'll deselect that.…We do want the glossary and we don't community.…So several other things I can do.…
I can specify the size of the window…by either using the browser default size and position…or if I deselect that option I can…then click this preview full size button.…It opens up a simulation window which I can then move around…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.