Table stylesheets let you create a set of properties to control the format of specific tables in a project or all tables in a project. They’re conceptually similar to a regular CSS but used exclusively for tables. Learn how to create a table stylesheet, and how to assign it to one table at a time or multiple tables, perhaps even all the tables in a project at once.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…how to create a type of stylesheet…meant specifically for tables.…So in this table topic, I have two tables.…They have no style, so to speak,…but Flare has a table stylesheet feature…that is conceptually similar to the regular stylesheet…but meant specifically for tables…and you're going to use this…to create the stylesheet for your tables.…So to do this, I'm going to click up on the menu…on File, New, and in the File Type field up at the top,…click the pull-down and select Table Style.…
It's now asking me again what template do I want to use.…Again, I'll select the basic template.…It's asking me do I wanna put it in a folder.…The root folder means it will just put the table style sheet…under the top level content folder,…but I could instead click my little browse button,…open the Resources folder, select Stylesheets,…click on OK, and I'm going to call this one…Lynda Tablestyle.…Click on Add.…
Here's my Stylesheet editor.…So, if the preview at the bottom of the screen…is a little too high up, just click on the divider…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.