Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 9: Create a page layout, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my solution,…I'll create the new page layout…and call it Flare 12 page layout.…So I'll click up on the menu on File, New,…and when the Add File dialogue box opens,…I'll click in the File Type field pull-down…and select Page Layout.…Be careful selecting a template here,…there's a lot of different specialized types here,…make sure you pick Default,…unless you want to use one of the specialized types.…Down in the Folder field, bottom left,…again Flare is offering to put it in the root folder,…but if you click the browse icon,…and open up the resources folder,…you'll see there's a predefined PageLayouts folder there.…
So you can select that, click on OK.…Finally for the file name,…we'll call it Flare 12 Page Layout,…click Add, and here's the Page Layout Editor.…So at the top, we have what's obviously the header,…below that is the body region,…below that is the footer region,…and to the right there's this column with one icon in it,…labeled N.…N stands for a normal page type,…which means that Flare will apply this page type…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.