Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 9: Create a page layout, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…First, I want to show what the output looks like…before I add a page layout.…So page layouts are for print outputs.…So let's open up the target folder,…and we see that I don't have any print output yet.…So I'm going to create one.…And again, I'm doing this on the fly,…and you notice how quickly this process goes.…So I'll click on file, new.…Up in the file type field I'll click the pull down…and select target.…
And now in the file name field down at the bottom,…I'll call it PDF.…You make sure that the output type field…at the bottom right matches what you said,…so I'll set this to PDF.…Click on add.…This opens in the PDF target editor that you can see…right up here.…So I'll click on the general tab,…and I'll specify for the master TLC field,…click the pull down and select Dogs TLC…and this is all I'm going to do…before I generate the output, so I'll do a save, build,…and again we have the build screen.…
It's done, I click on the PDF target,…click on view output, and here it is.…But you notice there's no page numbers.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 15m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.