Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 8: Create a master page, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…First I'll create the new master page…and call it Flare 1 Master Page.…So, File,…New.…Click the pull down for the File Type field…and select Master Page.…Make sure when you pick the template…that you select Master Page,…don't select Glossary out of habit…because it's the first one.…You'll create a perfectly working master page…but the wrong one.…
So we'll leave this one in the root folder…and we're going to call it, in the File Name field,…Flare 1…Master Page.…Click the Add button.…And here it is.…Now we don't see those gray bars, the proxy bars,…so what I'll do is click the pull down…for this Show Tags icon, the second one from…the right in the upper Topic Editor toolbar.…
Some people sometimes refer to the icon as the insect head.…But I'll click the pull down,…click on Show Markers, there's the proxies,…there's the place markers.…So I want the breadcrumbs proxy,…so I'm going to leave that there.…Then I want a copyright statement,…and I want that below the topic body.…So I'll press the down arrow on my keyboard once,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.