Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 7: Create a table stylesheet, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my solution.…First, I'll create a new topic called tables.…So, I'll click in the content folder…on the content explorer,…click the create a new topic file icon…and, in the file name field down at the bottom left,…I'll type tables, all lower case.…In the first heading field,…I'll type tables, capital T,…and click add.…So, here's my topic…and I'm going to add a couple of tables here…so I'll put the pointer at the end of that first text line…and press enter several times to add three blank lines.…
I'll put the pointer on the second line…and I'm now going to click up on the menu…table and then over at the far left end of the ribbon…I'll click on the insert table icon.…This is going to open the insert table dialog box…and I decide that I want to add a table…with two columns, three rows,…and I want to designate one additional row as a header row…so columns two, rows three, header one.…
It's a good idea to set the auto fit behavior…in the upper right to auto fit to window.…This will let Flare automatically control…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.