Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 7: Create a table stylesheet, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…First, I'll create a new topic called Tables.…So I'll select the folder in which I want to put it,…which again, in this case, is just the content folder.…New Topic.…Make sure the file type up at the top is topic,…which it will be by default,…and for the file name, I'm just going to call it…tables, for the first heading I'll call it…Tables again, but with a capital T.…
Click on add.…So, here' my topic.…Now what I'm going to do is add a couple of tables.…So, press enter, I'll press enter twice,…three times, just to give myself some extra lines…to work with,…and I'm going to click up on the menu on table…and then at the far left end of the ribbon…click on the insert table icon.…That's going to open the insert table dialog box…and I decide that I want to create…a couple of tables with…two columns,…three rows,…one header row.…
It's a good idea, in the upper right hand corner,…not to use fixed column widths,…so I'm going to say auto fit to window…and this will tell Flare to literally…automatically fit the width of table…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.