Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 6: Create a stylesheet, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my solution.…First, I'll check a few topics…to be sure their titles are black,…the Style Sheet default.…So here's the Dog Breeds topic.…Yep, title's black.…Here's the Setters topic.…Yep, its title's black.…So everything's working correctly.…Make sure that the Medium Field at the top of the…Topic Editor reads Default.…If it's not set to Default,…open the pull-down and select Default.…Now I'll create a new Style Sheet.…
So I'll click up on the menu on File, New,…and when the File Type Field pull-down,…I'll select Style Sheet.…It's going to ask me what template I want to use.…I'll just go with the Default, Basic.…What folder do I want it in?…I'll click the Browse button, open the Resources folder,…and select Style Sheets.…You don't have to put the Style Sheet…in the Style Sheets folder.…Flare will find it no matter where you put it,…but it'll be easier for you…if you put it in a known place.…
Click on OK.…And finally, I'll call it Flare 12 Style Sheet…and click Add.…You notice that I'm in a mode called…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 4m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.