Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 4: Add a table of contents, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my Solution.…First, I'll create a new Table of Contents,…and call it Dogs TOC.…So I'll click up on the Menu, on File, Select New,…and when the Add File dialogue box opens,…click the pull down for File Type field,…and select TOC.…In the File Name field, I'll just type Dogs TOC,…and click Add.…So it's going to open up with two boiler plate…placeholder headings, each one of which contains…two placeholder items.…
And you could use these and simply rephrase them, or you…could just do what I'm going to do which is delete them.…So I'll right-click on the first New Book.…Select Delete.…Right-click on the second New Book.…Select Delete, and now we're starting clean.…So the first thing I'll do is add a new heading,…and I'll do that by clicking this New top-level…book icon on the toolbar.…There's my New TOC Book, and I'll re-name this.…Let's say Dogs, press Enter.…
Now what I want to do is get my Dogs topics…into the Table of Contents under this heading.…So I'll switch to the Content Explorer over on the left,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.