Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 3: Create a graphic to a topic, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…So I'll add a line below the text paragraph…in the Spaniels topic…and insert the Bisby.jpg graphic there.…I can actually insert the image anywhere.…I'll just put it below the text…to keep this example simple.…So I'll select insert image.…Now I have to go find the image.…So I'll click the browse button, the ellipsis button.…It's going to open the open file dialogue box…and I'll go to the folder…that contains the desired graphic.…
Here's the graphic.…Click on open.…I'll get a preview of the graphic.…I can also add a screen tip if I want to…create a little hover help.…The screen tip adds some text that will pop up…if the user hovers their mouse over the graphic…for about half a second or so.…So, for now I'll just click okay.…It'll ask me to copy the graphic to the project.…I say okay.…Here's the graphic.…I'll click off it.…
And I'll do a save all.…Do a preview.…And here's my graphic.…You now have a tiny but working Flare Project…with textual and graphic content…like you'd find in a real project.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 17m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.