Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 2: Create new topics, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my solution.…First, I'll create three new topics called:…Dog breeds, Spaniels, and Setter.…So I'll select the folder,…in which I want these new topics.…There's only one right now called content.…Click on the create a new topic file icon,…and I'll call this new topic file name,…dog breeds, all lowercase.…Some systems want all lowercase,…others can use mixed case,…talk to your engineers to see what they want.…
And then the first heading,…which is this, it's the title that users see…when they open the topic so I'll click…in the first heading field…and type the title using standard capitalization,…dog breeds.…Click on add.…Here's my first topic.…I'll create a second one.…So I'll click the new topic file icon again,…and in the file name, I'll call it:…Spaniels, for the first header,…I'll call it capital S.…Spaniels.…Click add.…And finally, one more,…so I'll click the new topic file again.…
And the file name, I'll call it Setter,…for the first header I'll call it:…Setter with a capital S.…Click on add.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell4h 49m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documents (2012)with Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.