Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 14: Generate HTML5 and PDF outputs, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] OK, here's my solution.…I'll start by creating a new HTML5 output target.…I'll click up on the menu on File, New,…and I'll click the File Type,…pull down and select Target.…I'm going to base it on HTML5…so I'll leave the output type set to HTML5,…and for the file name, I'll call it Main-HTML5-,…and I want to base this one, I decide, on Topnav.…
So Main-HTML5-Topnav, click on Add.…It's going to open up in the Target Editor.…I'm going to keep this simple,…which is usually a good idea anyway.…On the General tab, for the startup topic,…I'll click the ellipsis button, the Browse button,…and I decide that I want to select dog breeds…as the startup topic.…Select it, click Open.…For my Master TOC, I'll click in that field.…
You notice that I don't necessarily…have to click the pulldown,…I can click anywhere in these fields, and select Dogs TOC.…I'll go to the Skin tab…and I'll select my Flare 12 Topnav Skin.…Finally, I'll go to the Advanced tab,…scroll down a little bit and select in the Master Page field…Flare 12 Master Page.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.