Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 13: Create a snippet, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…First I'll create the new snippet.…So I'll select file,…new, as usual,…open the file type field pull down,…and select snippet,…and I'll just base it on the snippet template.…For the folder, again Flare is going to…offer to put it in the root folder.…But if I click the browse icon,…you'll see, once I create the snippet…Flare will actually add a folder here…called snippets.…
Or you could add it yourself.…But for the moment,…I'll just put it in the root folder.…And for the name,…I'll call it Springer Spaniel Snippet,…click on add,…and it now opens in the snippet editor.…So my content is going to be the words…alert,…cheerful,…and affectionate.…
And I'll do a save all.…So that was it.…I could have added other things in here.…I will in a minute,…just to show you how you can update them.…But now I want to insert this in a topic.…So I'll go back to my content explorer,…open up the Spaniel's topic,…and I'll put this after the first line…where Spaniel's are a hunting breed.…I'll press enter…and I'll insert the snippet twice.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell3h 49m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.