Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 12: Create a variable, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution,…First, I'll open the variable set…in the variable set editor.…So, I'll go to the Project Organizer,…and at the bottom, there's the Variables folder.…Open that up, there's one group of variables,…variables are stored in sets.…Here's the variable set called Variables.…This, again, is pre-created.…When you create a project, you can change it…but you'll notice, with the variable set editor,…I have the Add Variable icon,…Add a Date and Time Variable,…Add Variable Definition, which really means,…add an additional variable definition…to an existing variable.…
Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete…and a couple of other features.…So we want to add a new variable,…so I'll click on Add Variable.…It adds one called New Variable.…I'll select that and I'll call it SpanielBreed,…press Enter and now I'll click on the Definition field once,…and again to go into edit mode…and I'll set its value to Cocker Spaniel,…press Enter and do a Save All…to make sure your new entry is registered.…
Now what I'll do is go to the Spaniels topic…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell3h 59m Appropriate for all
Creating Long Documents with InDesignwith Mike Rankin4h 59m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.