Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 12: Create a variable, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…First, I'll open the Variable set…in the Variables Editor.…So here's my Variables Folder…on the Project organizer.…Here's my Variable set, called Variables,…and I open the VariableSet Editor.…So, again, I have a little toolbar here,…Add a variable,…Add a date and time variable,…Add a variable definition to an existing variable,…and then Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete.…
So, I want to create a new variable.…So I'll click on Add variable…and it creates one called New Variable.…Click on it and I'm gonna call this…SpanielBreed, no spaces.…Press Enter.…And for the definition…I'll specify that the value is Cocker Spaniel.…Press Enter.…And any time you add or change a variable,…make sure to do a Save All…to make sure that your change or your addition…displays immediately when you go in to add the variables.…
So now let's go ahead and use this.…So I'll go the Content Explorer,…open up the Spaniels topic,…here it is,…and I'll add a line up at the top,…or I could actually add it anywhere…where I wanted to insert the variable,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.