Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 10: Create a tripane and topnnav skin, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my solution.…First, I'll create a new skin and base it on…the HTML 5 tripane template.…I'll use the default settings.…So File, New, click the pulldown for the file type field,…and then select Skin, and now I'm going to select…HTML 5 Tripane, and I'll call the file name…"Flare 12 Tripane Skin", click Add,…and it's going to open up in the HTML 5 skin editor.…
So as I said, I'll leave most of the defaults as-is,…but a few changes on the General tab…in the Features list, I'll leave TOC selected,…because we want the Table of Contents,…but we don't have an index, so I'll de-select that.…We do have a glossary, so I'll select that.…Finally, we're not using the Community feature,…so I'll de-select that.…And that's all I'll do.…So I'll do a Save All.…Now, I could generate the output…to see what this would look like,…but if this were a real project,…the output might take a minute to generate…rather than four or five seconds like it is here.…
So rather than spend the time, I'll just click…this Preview button up on the HTML 5 skin editor toolbar…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.