Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 10: Create a tripane and topnnav skin, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…First, I'll create a new skin and base it on…the HTML5 Tripane template so I'll select File,…New and in the File Type field,…click the pull-down and select Skin.…So it's now going to ask me…what template I want to use.…So for this first example, I'm going to create a Tripane.…So I'll select HTML5 Tripane.…I'll leave it in the Root folder…and I'm going to call it…Flare 1 Tripane Skin.…
Click Add and I'll go to the General tab…and I can now make various entries,…but to keep it fairly simple,…in the General tab in the Features list,…I'll leave TOC selected,…I'll deselect Index because we never created one,…I will select Glossary.…I'll ignore Browse Sequences…and I'll deselect Community.…So I'm done.…I'll do a Save All and let's make believe…this was a large project so I didn't want to…take the time to build it to see how this would look.…
What I can do is click the Preview button…on the HTML5 Skin Editor toolbar.…I'll click Preview and this can take…about 10 seconds sometimes to generate the preview,…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.