Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution 1: Create a new project, part of MadCap Flare 12 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Okay, here's my solution.…I'll create the new project from scratch…rather than by importing an existing file.…So, I'll click up on the menu on file, new project,…and then I'll select the top option, new project.…It want's a project name, so I'll just call it…flare 12 challenge,…it wants to know the project folder,…I'm just going to use the c drive,…I'll put it at the top level.…It's asking what language you want to use…for the spell checker.…
If you're in the US, use english US.…If you're in Canada, for example, you would select,…click in the field and select english Canada…because of the differences between Canadian and US spellings…so you want to make sure that you're using…a Canadian spell checker.…So, select the spell checker that applies to you,…click next, it's now asking you what template to use.…So, we could select from any of the online templates,…online and print combine templates,…print templates, or you could simply select…the empty template and start from scratch.…
Then, click next.…It's now asking what target format you want to use.…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 29m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Adding Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs Targets
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.