Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 1: Create a new project, part of MadCap Flare 11 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my solution.…I'll create the new project from scratch…rather than by importing any existing files.…So, I'll select, "File," "New Project,"…and I'll just select "New Project."…I'm going to call this project, "Flare Challenge,"…and I'm going to put it in a folder that I created…called "Flare Challenge."…Finally, as far as language is concerned,…I'll leave the language set to "English (United States)"…but you can select any other language that's more…appropriate for you if you're not in the U.S.…
So I'm done with this first screen.…I'll then click next to go to the second screen.…And I'm just going to select the empty template…so I'll click empty in order to start this project…totally from scratch.…In practice, however, check out the other templates…to see if they apply to your work.…If you use an existing template, you'll probably wind up…having to delete some material that doesn't apply to your…project but the template can save you time.…
You can also try different templates to see how mad cap…
- Creating content using topics
- Adding and managing topics
- Importing files
- Inserting graphics
- Creating a table of contents, glossary, and cross-references
- Adding hyperlinks
- Formatting documents with stylesheets
- Creating master pages
- Single sourcing content
- Using variables and snippets
- Generating output
Skill Level Beginner
Universal Principles of Designwith William Lidwell5h 4m Appropriate for all
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.